Welcome to 2023 Year-End Processing
Bulletin #1: Year-End Kickoff
REMINDER: We are no longer mailing paper copies of the year-end processing guide to your credit union! Keep an eye on Client News and these bulletins for important information, vendor updates, deadline changes, reminders, and more.
Updates and Information
October 3rd, 2023
Right now, our teams are analyzing the IRS publications, reviewing vendor timelines, and refreshing the processing guides for this year. We do not anticipate any large changes to member processing based on our initial review. Once the processing guides are published and have been made available online, your next bulletin will arrive with relevant updates and tasks.
ONLINE CREDIT UNIONS
As year-end begins, your first deadline comes quickly; you must begin reviewing and updating your Tax Form Handling Instructions (Tool #916) as soon as you are able. This screen must be accessed and updated prior to Tuesday, November 14.
Remember that even if nothing has changed since the previous year, you still must access the screen and select to Confirm/Update to record your task as complete!
Sign Up for a Year-End Training Session
Tuesday, November 14
9:30 -11:00 AM ET
Tuesday, November 21
3:30 – 5:00 PM ET
Thursday, December 7
3:00 – 4:30 PM ET
Our Advice for a Smooth Year-End
- Select a coordinator to assign tasks and ensure they are complete.
- Review the guide carefully, including any post-publication updates.
- Review deadlines in advance to avoid missing a task and incurring a fee.
- Have all year-end staff attend year-end training.
- Pay special attention to year-end emails as requirements may change.
- Ask questions! Our teams are here and ready to assist.
As always, be sure to keep on track with your Month End Processing Tasks.
We look forward to making year-end 2023 another successful team effort!