Marketing / Sales
Helping you gain the most from your website investment is a major goal of this class and your instructors will facilitate that achievement. You will learn the basics of WordPress, the open-source platform that utilizes our SiteControl plug-in. This software delivers a powerful website you can maintain with no html or code knowledge required.
This course covers basic WordPress-based website management along with cu-specific features of our SiteControl plug-in and basic steps you can take to keep your site updated, well organized and visually appealing.
CU*Answers web services WordPress and SiteControl clients.
By the end of this course, students will have:
- Discussed their web strategies with other students
- Explored how WordPress with SiteControl can power their website and achieve the goals for their website
- Examined the potential to leverage the power of open-source to deliver a dynamic web experience through this dynamic platform
- Reviewed best practices and recommended steps toward managing their well designed site.
- What is WordPress?
- WordPress as a content management system
- Pages versus posts
- Page mash
- Widgets and sidebars
- Satellite rateboard
- Electronic forms (gravity forms)
- Best practices