This course familiarizes participants with CU*BASE visual analytics tools found mainly in CU*BASE dashboards. Participants learn how to use these tools to present member data in a way that is both clear and compelling.
This course is designed for data analysts and data‐curious people in any role at the credit union.
By the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Locate visual analytics tools within CU*BASE
• Describe the role visual analytics tools play in a data‐analytics strategy
• Extract and share CU*BASE data using visual analytics tools
• Edit graphs and charts using visual analytics tools
• Explain the purpose of each aspect of a visualization (graph type, color coding, etc.)
• Explain how the characteristics of a data set dictate the visualization style
• Explain the value of presenting data using CU*BASE visual analytics tools
This course covers the following topics:
• Accessing visual analytics tools within CU*BASE
• Understanding how the type of data set dictates the type of visualization used
• Extracting and sharing visualizations
• Expanding the audience of data presented using visual analytics tools