Every credit union today that counts on a vendor’s technical solution needs to rely on their ability to understand, utilize, and drive good database techniques in order to up their game and their vendor’s game.
Database management will help you get more from CU*BASE as a toolkit and from all CU*Answers solutions as owners and product‐development contributors. In this course, we will review key tactics and the CU*BASE database toolkits that fuel your return on core processing and ancillary solutions.
From there, we hope you will think about how your database‐management resources work in your organization. If you have yet to call out these skills as a credit union talent, then this course may help you get on your way.
Credit union CEOs: This class is designed for credit union and CUSO executives/business designers investigating how improving their skills related to database management can improve their returns as CUSO clients, investors, and collaborators.
By the completion of this course, participants will have:
• Discussed the growing need for credit unions to develop good data governance and strategies for evolving database management alongside changing member habits and operational goals
• Explored the best way to create data champions and process managers to ensure their data is current and that the way they use it is effective
• Investigated the strength of CU*BASE data structures and the tools needed to be effective as data administrators and analysts
This course covers the following topics:
• Strategies for developing a plan and structure for database management
• Best practices for managing data
• Data governance standards in CU*BASE
• Current tools and how to start using them
• Data warehousing
• Custom data floods
• Data purges and archival programs
• Custom fields (Unique Data Management)
• DEX (Data Exchange) automated data extraction
• The SnapShot library and data time slices