This course offers an interactive conversation with business designers about the special considerations in designing, leading, and being successful with participants in a cooperative business format.
Credit Union CEOs: This class is designed for credit union and CUSO executives/business designers with the intent to drive up the cooperative‐ownership value quotient with their cooperative’s owner base.
By the completion of this course, participants will have:
• Discussed cooperative business design and the idea of building a business with consumers as active owners in an organization
• Examined the group’s ideas on how that differs from other business types and approaches
• Considered the activities of any business organization and how they are split between interacting with the consumers of their products/services and interacting with the ownership community engaged officially and unofficially with the organization
• Contrasted the difference between cooperatives and credit unions in general and considered this question: “What factors make credit unions unique as cooperatives?”
• Discussed what it means for a credit union to own a CUSO that is also a cooperative and considered this question: “How do organizations differ from individual consumers when owning a cooperative?”
• Explored how these ideas can help credit unions and cuasterisk.com CUSOs more effectively going forward
This course covers the following topics:
• Building businesses with the cooperative business design
• Consumers vs. owners in the cooperative business design
• Cooperatives vs. credit unions
• Owning a CUSO as an organization vs. as an individual