This course introduces participants to Unique Data Management (UDM) custom fields, a design‐your‐own database solution that enables the creation of customized data points to collect and store in CU*BASE. Participants learn strategies for working with UDM tools in CU*BASE.
This course is designed for database managers, database administrators, and any other credit union staff member responsible for data.
By the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• List best practices for configuring and managing custom fields
• Identify the toolset needed to manage a set of custom fields
• View custom fields and their entries
• Update custom fields and their entries
• Generate custom field reports
This course covers the following topics:
• Configuring custom fields
• Differences between membership-level and account‐level custom fields
• Data entry tools that can be used with custom fields
• Reviewing custom field entries
• Database tables that store custom field entries
• Best practices for maintaining custom fields and their entries