One of the most difficult challenges that a supervisor faces is knowing how to effectively coach an employee who is not performing up to expectations.Â Helping the employee understand the reason for the coaching and addressing the issue with tact and direction may mean the difference between better performance and disciplinary action.Â In this course, participants will learn effective coaching skills and the opportunities they present for a better workforce.
This course is designed for any credit union supervisor.
By the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify early warning signs of potential performance issues
- Describe effective communication techniques for coaching sessions
- List skills needed for successful coaching and mentoring
- Recognizing early warning signs of potential performance issues
- Communicating effectively during coaching sessions
- Setting realistic improvement goals
- Holding the employee accountable
- Understanding supervisory responsibilities in coaching sessions
- Mentoring for the purpose of team unity