Since its introduction, CU*BASE Participation Lending has evolved to include processing for secondary market real estate loans, where 100% of the loan is sold into the market but the servicing is retained by the credit union.Â The popularity of this feature has been growing and the feature has been under constant improvement.
Â The CU*BASE Participation Lending software tracks secondary mortgage market investors and the loans which they have purchased.Â It automatically settles principal and interest as well as keeps track of the accrued income you owe to the investor between payment cycles.Â
Â This class will focus on the daily and monthly processes involved with servicing secondary market mortgages on CU*BASE, on the many reports available within the system and the initial configuration options.
Mortgage Servicers, Credit Union CFOâ€™s and Accounting Staff
By the completion of this course, students will have:
- Â Been introduced to the updated Participation Loan Processing menu.
- Â Reviewed daily and monthly processes associated with servicing a sold loan.
- Discussed the investor settlement process.
- Â Configuring Investor and Investor Types
- Â Setting Up a Participation Loan and Using Configuration Options
- Â Reviewing a Sample Settlement Work File
- Â Daily Processing
- Â Monthly Processing
- Â Related General Ledger Entries
- Reports available in the updated Participation Lending Menu