Marketing / Sales
This course builds on the introduction to WordPress with SiteControl and provides in-depth examples of and tips for maintaining your website. You may take the intro class first, but it's not a requirement before attending this second level. If you have been managing your website with WordPress and want to dig deeper into features and tools available in SiteControl, this course is for you!
For those who want to get the most out of their WordPress site, advanced WordPress with SiteControl will cover a broad set of topics such as user administration, analytics, popular social media plug-ins, and more.
This course is also available online as a recorded webinar to be viewed anytime. Click here to view the video.
CU*Answers web services WordPress and SiteControl clients who perform most of the content management tasks for their site.
By the completion of this course, students will have:
- Discussed how third-party plug-ins can extend WordPress.
- Explored how to use many of the popular plug-ins as well as the more advanced features of the worldpress core.
- Reviewed best practices as they relate to advanced site management and knowing the limits of a particular theme on site.
- Intro to plugins
- Search-engine optimization
- Google Maps integration
- Building data tables (WP table reloaded)
- Shortcodes in SiteControl
- Rotating banners
- Google analytics