What is a Tune Up?
Tune Up is a service that credit unions can request at any time. Whether you are a new client, or a seasoned CU*BASE veteran, a Lending Tune Up will help your team identify new products and services you could be offering your members. But wait, there’s more! We’ll not only review products and services, we’ll also review your current fee configurations, third-party vendors, specific product configurations, and more, similar to the exhaustive review your credit union did back when you were first doing your due diligence for your conversion. This is an opportunity to take a second look to see if everything is functioning as planned and work with your team to identify potential process improvements.
How does the program work?
- You choose the level of inspection you need. We have experts across the network that can help you and your team take a second look!
- The facilitators will work with you to determine the specifics of the engagement.
- Each engagement is customized to meet the credit union’s needs.
- A Lending Tune Up can generally be completed in about a day and a half, but the exact timing will be determined by you and your facilitator.
- Review Product and Feature Configurations
- Identify and set up features that would add value for your membership
- Review upcoming JTO (Just Turn it On) offerings
- Identify educational opportunities and set follow-up training
- Discuss potential process improvements and efficiencies
- Investigate ongoing educational opportunities
The following will be included in your 5k Tune-up:
- Managing your Lending Queue
- Managing the Lending Relationship
- Risk-Based Pricing Review
- Portfolio Analysis Reports
- Recommended Reports
The following will be included in your 50K Tune-Up:
- The complete 5,000 mile tune-up plus the following additions
- a lending audit and diagnosis by the Lender*VP team
- Specific recommendation to increase your lending effectiveness, along with an implementation plan.
- A hard copy report detailing the assessment and listing all recommendations and follow ups.
- Dashboard Review- We will review with your team what we feel are the most useful and powerful dashboards when it comes to the world of lending as well as recent CU*BASE releases you could be unaware of.
- Loan Category Review- Team up with a Lender*VP expert to review your lending “big picture”. Once you compare your lending line-up with your competition, and with other CU*Answers clients, you can make plans to capitalize on opportunities.
- Loan Products Review- Configuring risk based pricing, loan officer checklists, taking advantage of offering loans online, configuring loan insurance and miscellaneous insures products.
- Collection Configuration- Your Lender*VP team can show you how “tweaking” your Collection Configuration can supercharge the profitability of this department.
The following will be included in your Management Tune-Up:
- Concierge Dashboard Review for your management team, discuss each dashboard. and assign a team member to be responsible for tracking and reporting
- Review of current CU*BASE configurations with your management team
- Discuss configurations both in use and not active
- Actual observation – lending, teller, member service, etc.
- Provide ‘on the fly’ education when appropriate in combination written documentation for management