CU*BASE and Experian Authentication Services Level One (AS1)
We are excited to announce that Experian AS1 functionality has now been integrated into CU*BASE! Leveraging our interface with ZOOT and the existing tools and features of the CU*BASE platform, we have created an interface to Experian’s Authentication Services Level One (AS1) as the tool to help you meet the requirements of new Due Diligence and Red Flag-related procedures and policies.
In a nutshell, when opening or updating a membership, member data you enter into the CU*BASE screen can be submitted directly to Experian, and CU*BASE will return instructions on the results of the authentication. You will be able to correct typos and resubmit up to 3 times before making a decision about the ultimate “pass” or “fail” of the authentication, and any changes you make will be pulled back into CU*BASE to be used if you proceed to create the membership (no rekeying!).
CU*BASE Audit Tracker notes will be added with a separate memo type for “ID Scan Passed” or “ID Scan Failed” or “ID Partial Pass,” and a companion Identity Authentication Inquiry will provide detailed historical data about the information received from Experian. Other feature highlights:
- Verification of name, address, Social Security number, date of birth, driver’s license number and telephone number
- Alerts when high-risk addresses or phone numbers are found
- Cross-reference with OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) database of Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) and blocked persons
- Addresses standardized with Zip+4 coding
- A verification score that summarizes more than 70 types of results codes
- Corrected name and address information to streamline processing
All of this for only 75 cents for each submitted request!
Whether you are an existing Experian client using the web-based tool, or if you are considering developing new identity authentication policies, check out the flyer to learn more about getting signed up and configured to use the new features.