This project creates a new style of receipt output for teller and other receipts produced by CU*BASE, using a vertical format instead of the traditional horizontal layout. Created as a product of the Xpress Teller initiative, vertical receipts are also available independently for our standard teller posting tool as well. In fact, as described below, if your credit union chooses to make the switch to vertical receipts, the new format will be used for any receipt produced by any channel in CU*BASE, from all your receipt printers across all your branches.
Cool features we like:
- Using a new option in your Workflow Controls, you can include an account balance summary at the bottom of every printed receipt, listing your choice of current balance and/or available balance for all accounts, or only accounts affected during that transaction.
- Each receipt will show both the primary member’s name and the name of the person served, if other than the primary member.
- Friendly labels will be added to explain miscellaneous information such as the receipt ID, branch number, and teller ID.
- When a hold is placed on a check deposit, the receipt will show the date the funds will be available.
Making the Switch to Vertical Receipts
You can get on the schedule now by visiting the store. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Vertical receipts are used by Xpress Teller, but you do not have to use Xpress Teller to get vertical receipts
- It’s all or nothing:
- ALL your employees, ALL your branches, ALL your receipt printers
- Affects receipts from T1 & T2 teller systems and all other places that produce receipts
- This is a PROJECT…for you, and for us!
- Can’t just flip a switch, must be coordinated
- Requires after-hours config work by our team and yours
- Someone at your team will need to be available at your office to help test
- For your IT team to do NOW:
- Upgrade from Carswell thermal printers Do I have a Carswell Text Receipt Printer?
- Review your workstation receipt settings (Tool #326)
- Starting in March:
- Visit our store and search for “vertical receipts”
- We’ll start making calls during April and you’ll be given a date on our conversion calendar
- Your conversion:
- Will be scheduled after hours or on a weekend
- Someone from your team will need to be at your site to help