A CEO Strategic Boot Camp Initiative
Starting in November, 2018, CU*Answers launched a major initiative to rethink the future of teller platforms from a big-picture, strategic point of view. A teller system with a single Swiss-army-knife or kitchen-sink approach will not fit enough credit union tactical units any longer, so we’re working with CU leaders to design new teller tools and transactions that will take us into the future.
Xpress Teller Update
As of September 4, 2020, testing is complete for workflow controls and nearly complete for the main project of overall posting and workflow. During August our team of UI designers completed a set of prototype designs for how the screens will look, and along the way we came up with a new logo, deciding to jazz up the name a bit to Xpress Teller.
Project #s to track via Owner’s View:
- #51946 T2 Project 1 – Search Module
- #51947 T2 Project 2 – Graphics on Home Screen
- #51948 T2 Project 3 – API for Photo ID Display
- #51949 T2 Project 4 – Workflow Controls
- #51950 T2 Project 5 – Screens & Posting
- #51951 T2 Project 6 – Vertical eReceipts
- #52703 Change the receipt output for bulk cash transfers to a report
- #53940 Adding the Xpress Teller Search Engine to Member Inquiry
Some details about the projects:
- We are excited about the possibilities of the powerful and easy-to-use new search engine. This search gives you a single input field where you can enter any data about the member and look for that data across dozens of key data points, including many new ones like driver’s license number, phone number, email address…even online banking username!
- New workflow controls for Xpress Teller will give credit unions unprecedented control over the available features and how the tool works for your tellers. (View a flowchart showing the types of controls we’re planning to include.)
- A new engine and online resource will allow CUs to upload CU marketing images for display on the Xpress Teller search screen. Intended so that CUs can actively promote their corporate goals and promotions to tellers, this engine will also be used for other things in the future to allow eye-catching reminders and instructions to be relayed to your teams via CU*BASE GOLD.
- Speaking of displaying things on CU*BASE screens, development continues on new APIs that will allow us to display member photo IDs directly on the ID verification screen in Xpress Teller, as shown in the early prototypes. The intention is to allow us to display other documents from your archive, too, where possible. We’d love to hear your ideas for where you would like to see a section of a CU*BASE screen display a document from CU*Spy, and how you would imagine that feature to look and work.
- In the 20.07 release you’ll see the first examples of larger screen sizes for select CU*BASE screens. Three sizes will ultimately be supported: Standard (optimized for a screen resolution of 1024×768), Large (optimized for a res. of 1280×1024), and Extra Large (optimized for 1920×1080). Xpress Teller will allow you to set a preference to choose any of those three sizes.
- We’re excited to introduce new vertical format for teller and other receipts. Development began in the first calendar quarter of 2020. CUs can elect to keep using the old horizontal style or shift all their receipt devices to the new, variable-length vertical format, which will include a new optional account summary segment showing current and available balances on all accounts touched during the transaction. Future phases will incorporate a new “quick view” window that lets the teller see the receipt, capture a signature, and print and/or archive the eReceipt image from the CU*BASE teller posting screen. See a sample of an actual vertical receipt, printed on a thermal printer via the new software.
And coming soon…
- Design work is nearly done for a second phase enhancement to Express Teller which will allow CUs to define posting limits for individual tellers. This feature can be used to control the amount of each type of activity (withdrawals, deposits, checks/money orders, etc.) that a teller can post during a single transaction via the new Express Teller posting tool. An integrated override function will allow a teller to ask for a supervisor to enter additional credentials whenever they need to to post transactions that are over the limit. Status as of June 2020: Review the separate Kitchen page.
T3 Teller Automation Project Update
We were making great progress on our integration project with Hyosung (see the update from CEO Strategies), but as of March 3, 2020, Hyosung informed us that this project is being put on hold based on other priorities they have in their queue. We continue to remain in contact with this vendor and will post updates on this page when we have more details on when they expect to move our project up in their queue.
Open the slides from the 2019 Leadership Conference (PDF)
Open the slides from the May 2019 Task Force brainstorming session.
Open the slides from the 2018 CEO Boot Camp session (PDF)
Open the presentation from the T3 (Floating/API Integrations) Status Update Webinar
Watch the recording of the Feb. 14th T3 (Floating/API Integrations) Status Update Webinar
Open the presentation from the T2 (KISS) Status Update Webinar
Watch the recording of the Feb. 14th T2 (KISS) Status Update Webinar
Open the Project Overview and early mockups
Introduction from 2018 Leadership Conference
CEO Strategic Developers Boot Camp 2018
Boot Camp Task Force/Online & Mobile Tools: Save the Date