A CEO Strategic Boot Camp Initiative
Starting in November, 2018, CU*Answers has launched a major initiative to rethink the future of teller platforms from a big-picture, strategic point of view. A teller system with a single Swiss-army-knife or kitchen-sink approach will not fit enough credit union tactical units any longer, so we’re working with CU leaders to design new teller tools and transactions that will take us into the future.
Express Teller Update as of November 13, 2019
Here’s the latest news on key projects already underway:
Project #s to track via Owner’s View:
- #51946 T2 Project 1 – Search Module
- #51947 T2 Project 2 – Graphics on Home Screen
- #51948 T2 Project 3 – API for Photo ID Display
- #51949 T2 Project 4 – Workflow Controls
- #51950 T2 Project 5 – Screens & Posting
- #51951 T2 Project 6 – Vertical eReceipts
- Prototype development for the new combined Search engine is well underway and we are excited about the possibilities of this powerful and easy-to-use new search mechanism – a single input field where you can enter any data about the member and look for that data across dozens of key data points, including many new ones like driver’s license number, phone number, and email address (maybe even online banking username!).
- Design specifications are well underway for new workflow controls for Express Teller that will give credit unions unprecedented control over the available features and how the tool works for your tellers. (View a flowchart showing the types of controls we’re planning to include.) These specs will be a moving target as we continue to work on the overall screen flow for the Express Teller posting process, but we’re getting started now with the core pieces we know you’ll like.
- Teams are also working on a new engine and online resource to allow CUs to upload CU marketing images for display on the Teller Express search screen. Intended so that CUs can actively promote their corporate goals and promotions to tellers, this engine will also be used for other things in the future to allow eye-catching reminders and instructions to be relayed to your teams via CU*BASE GOLD.
- Speaking of displaying things on CU*BASE screens, development is moving quickly for new APIs that will allow us to display member photo IDs directly on the ID verification screen in Express Teller, as shown in the early prototypes. The intention is to allow us to display other documents from your archive, too, where possible. We’d love to hear your ideas for where you would like to see a section of a CU*BASE screen display a document from CU*Spy, and how you would imagine that feature to look and work.
- Prototypes have been developed and early technical issues have been ironed out so that we will be able to offer different screen sizes via a new preferences feature. Three sizes will be supported: Standard (optimized for a screen resolution of 1024×768), Large (optimized for a res. of 1280×1024), and Extra Large (optimized for 1920×1080).
Recap of Previous Posts
Bounty Project Winners
- Grand Prize Winners ($7,500 each): Allegan Credit Union, Pinnacle Credit Union, and RVA Financial
- Honorable Mention Winners ($2,500 each): Honor Credit Union, Horizon Utah Federal Credit Union, and Notre Dame Federal Credit Union
Boot Camp Task Force
- The Teller 3P Task Force met on Thursday, May 29, 2019. Open the slides from the Task Force brainstorming session.
- Task Force participants: Karen Smith, Cumberland County FCU; Jody Perkins, Forest Area FCU; Karla Glowiak, Frankenmuth CU; Erin Olson, kstate CU; Kinsey Turbiville, kstate CU; Amber Cecil, Northern Colorado CU; Alyssa Barber, Notre Dame FCU; Lindsey Borski and Diana McKnight, Peninsula FCU; Amanda Boring, Pinnacle CU; and Nicole Hitchings, TBA CU.
Open the slides from the 2019 Leadership Conference (PDF)
Open the slides from the May 2019 Task Force brainstorming session.
Open the slides from the 2018 CEO Boot Camp session (PDF)
Open the presentation from the T3 (Floating/API Integrations) Status Update Webinar
Watch the recording of the Feb. 14th T3 (Floating/API Integrations) Status Update Webinar
Open the presentation from the T2 (KISS) Status Update Webinar
Watch the recording of the Feb. 14th T2 (KISS) Status Update Webinar
Open the Project Overview and early mockups
Introduction from 2018 Leadership Conference
CEO Strategic Developers Boot Camp 2018
Boot Camp Task Force/Online & Mobile Tools: Save the Date