Have comments about the new search engine?
Visit the new Kitchen page!
Implemented in the 21.05 release, Xpress Teller is a new alternate teller processing platform to CU*BASE, designed to streamline and simplify the teller experience, offering an alternative that was built with today’s changing credit union lobbies in mind.
Adjustments Made Since Launch
- On June 4th we added a “member is a minor” indicator to the Xpress Teller ID verification screen. We also added sequential numbers to the outside and inhouse checks fields so it’s easy to tell how many items have been entered. We also rearranged both the “Return to Last Account” and the last-10 accounts lookup buttons on the Xpress Teller search screen based on client feedback.
- In the 21.10 release release we’ll be adding an enhancement to the on-screen photo ID display feature in Xpress Teller so that you’ll be able to edit an existing image (rotate, crop, and/or zoom) to make it easier to view, saving the changes as a new image in your vault, or scan a new image, such as when the existing ID is expired.
- A change to the new search engine will be released on August 10th to make it easy to search by member name. Review the separate Kitchen page.
- Also in that release we’ll be restyling some of the pop-up windows used by both Xpress Teller and the standard Teller system to use a neutral color more compatible with the different screen styles.
Plans for the Next Phase
Remember that with this project we’re resetting the foundation for another decade of evolution. So we’re already gathering ideas for future enhancements, and we’d love to hear your feedback! Here’s what we already have on our list:
- Design work is done for a second phase enhancement to Xpress Teller which will allow CUs to define posting limits for individual tellers. Review the separate Kitchen page.
- We’re working on a spec for changes to the new Xpress Teller Checks/Money Orders system which will allow you to print checks and money orders using a printer located at a different branch. This will support CUs who are setting up new branch strategies for tellerless branches, where a remote NSR handles member requests, sending items to a printer where the member is waiting. Design work still underway.
- In order to allow tellers to adjust secondary transaction descriptions more easily, we will be creating a new tool that can be launched right from the main Xpress Teller search screen, allowing the teller to change the secondary transaction description on any transactions posted by that Teller ID during that day. This will be similar to Tool #918 Update Trans Desc & IRA/HSA Post Codes except that only that teller’s transactions will be listed, and only secondary transaction descriptions can be modified. This keeps the feature simple to avoid security concerns, and because the tool will automatically display recent transactions, the teller won’t have to remember any account numbers. Project #56951 is in the queue pending approval.
- We are considering incorporating some different privacy controls specifically for when serving shared branching members.
- We will be adjusting how the flow works after serving a shared branch member, so that the CUID field doesn’t have to be manually cleared before the next search is done, while still allowing the “Return to Last Account” button to work properly. Project #56739 is in development.
Learn how to integrate Xpress Teller into your lobby strategy: Contact EarningsEdge
Your chef for this recipe: Dawn Moore
NOTE: If you have comments specifically about the new search engine, please use the new Kitchen page from this point on. Thank you!