Have comments about the new search engine?
Visit the new Kitchen page!
Implemented in the 21.05 release, Xpress Teller is a new alternate teller processing platform to CU*BASE, designed to streamline and simplify the teller experience, offering an alternative that was built with today’s changing credit union lobbies in mind.
“Xpress Teller 101” Communications Log
- June 14 New Videos Now Available: Subsidiary Enhancements & Xpress Teller
- May 26 Now Available in Xpress Teller: Photo IDs for Member Accounts
- May 14 Xpress Teller 101: Your Resource Toolkit
- April 30 Xpress Teller 101: Details and Design
- April 26 Getting Ready for Xpress Teller: Watch the Video
- April 16 Xpress Teller 101: Xpress or Standard?
- April 9 Xpress Teller 101: Making the Plan
- March 30 Xpress Teller 101: Workflow Controls
- March 23 Xpress Teller 101: Strategic Decisions
- March 3 Take a Peek at the Spring Enhancement Preview!
Plans for the Next Phase
Remember that with this project we’re resetting the foundation for another decade of evolution. So we’re already gathering ideas for future enhancements, and we’d love to hear your feedback! Here’s what we already have on our list:
- Design work is done for an enhancement to the on-screen photo ID display feature in Xpress Teller so that you’ll be able to edit an existing image (rotate, crop, and/or zoom) to make it easier to view, saving the changes as a new image in your vault, or scan a new image, such as when the existing ID is expired. Project #55374 is currently in development and related project #56290 will be assigned soon to a programmer.
- Design work is done for a second phase enhancement to Xpress Teller which will allow CUs to define posting limits for individual tellers. Review the separate Kitchen page.
- We’re working on a spec for changes to the new Xpress Teller Checks/Money Orders system which will allow you to print checks and money orders using a printer located at a different branch. This will support CUs who are setting up new branch strategies for tellerless branches, where a remote NSR handles member requests, sending items to a printer where the member is waiting. Design work still underway.
- The new search engine feature has been very popular, especially when it comes to searching by phone number or email address. We’re still thinking about ways to tweak how the search works when looking for members by name. One idea we’re looking at is adding “all words/any words/exact phrase” functions so you can refine your search more specifically. We’re also looking at ways to refine the layout of the Xpress search screen, such as relocating some of the buttons to more convenient locations. Review the separate Kitchen page.
- In the new last 10 transactions pop-up window that can be accessed from the Xpress Teller deposits/withdrawals screen, we’re looking into adding a button that will take you to the full transaction history for that account, in cases where you are researching more complex member questions.
- Although the intent of the Xpress Teller was to keep the screens simple and not fill them up with everything you can already get via Inquiry or standard Teller, we are considering some minor tweaks to layout and content, such as adding access to Membership Designation procedures in more places, incorporating some different privacy controls specifically for when serving shared branching members, and adding other visual aids.
Learn how to integrate Xpress Teller into your lobby strategy: Contact EarningsEdge
Your chef for this recipe: Dawn Moore
NOTE: If you have comments specifically about the new search engine, please use the new Kitchen page from this point on. Thank you!