Implemented in the 21.05 release, Xpress Teller is a new alternate teller processing platform to CU*BASE, designed to streamline and simplify the teller experience, offering an alternative that was built with today’s changing credit union lobbies in mind.
Learn how to integrate Xpress Teller into your lobby strategy: Contact EarningsEdge
Implemented in 2022
Several enhancements/new feature were implemented for Xpress Teller in 2022:
- Implemented in the 22.05 release was an enhancement to Xpress Teller which allows CUs to define posting limits for individual tellers. Review the separate Kitchen page.
- Also implemented in the 22.05 release was a new feature on the Xpress Teller ID Verification screen to allow you to view recent Tracker conversations for that member. This is automatically displayed on the extra-large screen size, and available via a button on the large and standard screen sizes.
- In order to allow tellers to adjust secondary transaction descriptions more easily, implemented in the 22.10 release was a new tool that can be launched right from the main Xpress Teller search screen, allowing the teller to change the secondary transaction description on any transactions posted by that Teller ID during that day. This is similar to Tool #918 Update Trans Desc & IRA/HSA Post Codes except that only that teller’s transactions will be listed, and only secondary transaction descriptions can be modified. This keeps the feature simple to avoid security concerns, and because the tool will automatically display recent transactions, the teller won’t have to remember any account numbers.
- Implemented in the 22.10 release was an enhancement so that a $0 memo transaction is posted automatically every time a check is cashed via Xpress Teller. A similar memo transaction will also be posted when a member receives cash back from a Misc. Advance (such as a credit card cash advance) via Xpress Teller.
- As part of the native receipts project (see the related recipe) with the 22.10 release we added some additional features to the Xpress Teller Workflow Controls to control how vertical receipts are generated for Xpress Teller transactions.
Plans for the Future Phases
Several projects are in the works now and we continue to gather ideas for future enhancements. Here are some projects in the queue:
- Design work is complete on changes to the new Xpress Teller Checks/Money Orders system which will allow you to print checks and money orders using a printer located at a different branch. This will support CUs who are setting up new branch strategies for tellerless branches, where a remote NSR handles member requests, sending items to a printer where the member is waiting. This project also introduces a third CU-defined instrument for things such as cashier’s checks. Status as of October 2022: Project #57638 is in development.
- New settings will be added to Xpress Teller Workflow Controls (Tool #1775) to allow the option to hide the “Cash in Drawer” amount on the initial Xpress Teller Search screen and to also allow buy/sell from supplemental vault or buy/sell from teller drawer. Status as of October 2022: Specifications have been submitted for PS#59324.
Many other ideas are also on our wish list, and we’d love to hear your ideas, so leave a comment below. (NOTE: If you have comments specifically about the new search engine, please use this Kitchen page instead.)
Your chef for this recipe: Dawn Moore