This project introduces a new, separate teller processing platform to CU*BASE, designed to streamline and simplify the teller experience, offering an alternative that was built with today’s changing credit union lobbies in mind.
Projects in testing now and slated for the 21.05 CU*BASE release:
- #51946 T2 Project 1 – Search Module
- #51947 T2 Project 2 – Graphics on Home Screen
- #51948 T2 Project 3 – API for Photo ID Display
- #51949 T2 Project 4 – Workflow Controls
- #51950 T2 Project 5 – Screens & Posting
- #51951 T2 Project 6 – Vertical eReceipts
- #52703 Change the receipt output for bulk cash transfers to a report
- #53940 Adding the Xpress Teller Search Engine to Member Inquiry
Some details about the projects:
- We are excited about the possibilities of the powerful and easy-to-use new search engine. This search gives you a single input field where you can enter any data about the member and look for that data across dozens of key data points, including many new ones like driver’s license number, phone number, email address…even online banking username!
- New workflow controls for Xpress Teller will give credit unions unprecedented control over the available features and how the tool works for your tellers. (View a flowchart showing the types of controls we’re planning to include.)
- A new engine and online resource will allow CUs to upload CU marketing images for display on the Xpress Teller search screen. Intended so that CUs can actively promote their corporate goals and promotions to tellers, this engine will also be used for other things in the future to allow eye-catching reminders and instructions to be relayed to your teams via CU*BASE GOLD.
- Speaking of displaying things on CU*BASE screens, development continues on new APIs that will allow us to display member photo IDs directly on the ID verification screen in Xpress Teller, as shown in the early prototypes. The intention is to allow us to display other documents from your archive, too, where possible. We’d love to hear your ideas for where you would like to see a section of a CU*BASE screen display a document from CU*Spy, and how you would imagine that feature to look and work.
- In the 20.07 release you’ll see the first examples of larger screen sizes for select CU*BASE screens. Three sizes will ultimately be supported: Standard (optimized for a screen resolution of 1024×768), Large (optimized for a res. of 1280×1024), and Extra Large (optimized for 1920×1080). Xpress Teller will allow you to set a preference to choose any of those three sizes.
- We’re excited to introduce new vertical format for teller and other receipts. See the separate recipe for more details.
And coming soon…
- Design work is nearly done for a second phase enhancement to Express Teller which will allow CUs to define posting limits for individual tellers. This feature can be used to control the amount of each type of activity (withdrawals, deposits, checks/money orders, etc.) that a teller can post during a single transaction via the new Express Teller posting tool. An integrated override function will allow a teller to ask for a supervisor to enter additional credentials whenever they need to to post transactions that are over the limit. Review the separate Kitchen page.
10 Decisions to Make Now
As discussed during the November 2020 CEO Strategies event, here are some high-level strategic decisions your credit union should be thinking about now, as you make your plans for implementing Xpress Teller, vertical receipts (or both!) during 2021:
- Your teller services strategy: What features will you offer at the teller line? What services can your tellers perform? How will a handoff from Xpress Teller to an MSR work?
- Your teller tool strategy: Who will use T2? Who will use T1? Who will use both?
- Your receipts strategy: When will you switch to vertical receipts?
- Your workflow rules strategy: Who will decide what your workflow controls will be?
- Your photo ID images strategy: Are you going to display photo IDs? Do you have the bandwidth? Are your images in shape? Do your tellers need a refresh of good ID scanning technique?
- Your internal marketing strategy: Will you use Xpress Teller marketing images? How will you coach tellers on what you want them to say?
- Your hardware strategy: Will tellers need larger monitors so they can use the larger screen sizes?
- Your staff training strategy: Who will head up your internal training efforts to get tellers ready for the changes?
- Your verification strategy: Who will take the lead in monitoring T1 & T2 teller activity and helping us verify the new system in the field?
- Your engagement strategy: Will your CU champion T2 and help us evolve it? Who will be your internal champions and cheerleaders?
Your chef for this recipe: Dawn Moore