We have listened to your suggestions throughout the years and are working on a series of projects that will greatly simplify and enhance the processing of your credit union’s fixed assets (including land, leased assets and buildings), prepaid expenses and accrued expenses. Many screens will be consolidated and processing subsidiary items will include fewer steps.
Since this is a huge undertaking, the projects are broken down as follows:
New Tool for Working Subsidiary Items
Subsidiaries maintenance is being re-designed to have a new central dashboard that lists all subsidiary items and allows you to add, edit, close, delete, adjust or view all the items in one place. You can also view/update the history of the subsidiary items or opt to include closed subsidiary items on the new tool. Both an edit and view version of the new subsidiary tool will be available. The subsequent screens are also re-designed to make working these items easier.
Here is a highlight of the other enhancements included with this project:
- Dollar amount fields expanded to allow fixed assets with original cost up to 1 million
- No more asking up front if it is a pre-existing item (when adding an item)
- Revamped Subsidiary Adjustment screen
- Allow for comments when adjusting or closing a subsidiary item
- Ability to adjust a subsidiary transaction description in history
- Display subsidiary history with most recent first
Status: Project #50245 was implemented in the 21.05 release.
Update Subsidiary Reports
We did a thorough review of all the existing subsidiary reports and ended up obsoleting three reports (Short Trial Balance, Fixed Asset Inventory and New/Closed Subsidiary Detail). Much of the information was redundant and/or out-of-date. For instance, information regarding new/closed subsidiary items can now be obtained from the re-designed Subsidiary Trial Balance.
Enhancements to Subsidiary Trial Balance include:
- Single or multi-select of subsidiary types to include on the report
- Re-designed sort options
- Allow single or multi-select of Category, Department, Vendor, G/L Account
- Purchase date range selection
- Option to exclude items with net book value of zero
- Option to run report for closed subsidiary items only
Note: A future project will allow the Subsidiary Trial Balance to be previewed prior to printing.
Status: Project #50246 was implemented in the 21.05 release.
Revamp Monthly Subsidiary Processing
The monthly expense posting for your subsidiary items will be greatly simplified. You will be able to process all subsidiary types (except land assets which do not depreciate) at the same time and easily identify that last time that subsidiary type was processed. We are removing any references to “work file” processing (even if a work file still gets created behind the scenes). The monthly entries are generated and posted at the same time (no more work files waiting to be processed).
Status: Project #51543 was implemented in the 21.05 release.
Chef for this recipe: Karen Sorensen