Introduced as part of the 19.05 release, the Credit Card Cash Back (CCCB) feature lets you reward members with cash back on purchases made with their CU*BASE online credit card. Already a very popular program, we’re going to make it even better by adding some cool new features and enhancements. Here’s what’s cooking:
Changes to the CCCB Posting and Exception Reports
- This project adjusts the Transaction Posting and Exception reports that are created when cash-back credits are posted under a CCCB program. Specifically, accounts where the cash-back amount is forfeited due to delinquency or configured minimum/maximum amounts will be noted and tallied on the posting report, along with some other minor labeling changes to make both reports easier to read. Status: Project #50563 was implemented with the 20.04 release.
New Account Auto-enrollment for CCCB Programs
- This project adds a new optional flag that will allow credit unions to specify that all new loan accounts under the loan categories attached to the CCCB program should automatically be enrolled in the program when the loan account is created. Manual enrollment (and unenrollment) can still be done via the checkbox via Account Information Update, as well. NOTE: If this new feature is activated and a new loan is created that should not be enrolled in the program, account maintenance will be required after the loan has been opened. Status: Project #51053 will be implemented with the 20.07 release.
Enrollment Flood Tool for New CCCB Programs
- This project creates a new data center tool SettleMINT can use to assist credit unions who are starting a new CCCB program. This tool will allow us to upload a list of account numbers and automatically enroll them all into a specific CCCB program. Status: Project #51115 was implemented with the 19.12 release.
Expanding CCCB Payout Methods and Frequencies, New Payout History Inquiry
- This project expands how cash-back payouts can be processed, including adding quarterly and annual frequencies for payouts, and optionally allowing payouts to be made to a savings or checking account. We are also creating a new inquiry tool that will show a detailed history of the monthly calculation and period payout activity on each credit card loan. Status as of June 2020: Project #51757 is currently in development; no release target has been set.
Auditing Before Posting
- This project will create an audit tool and dashboard so a credit union can estimate payout amounts for CCCB programs by loan category, to help track projected expenses and assist with setting program parameters. Status: Still in the early design phases.