A CEO Strategic Boot Camp Initiative
November 2018: During the 2018 CEO Strategic Developers Boot Camp, CEOs brainstormed on the future of online and mobile tools from a big-picture, strategic point of view. In addition to exploring our collective vision for the future of online and mobile products, CU*Answers reviewed two 2019 initiatives that serve as templates for tactical approaches: the Online ’19 proof-of-concept project, and launching the new CU*Answers Mobile Technologies Group (MTG).
- Open the slides from the 2018 CEO Boot Camp session (PDF)
- Open the assignments due December 14 (DOCX)
- Open the other handouts and homework
- Between November and the Task Force event in March:
- Communicate results of CEO Boot Camp
- Coordinate a virtual community for research
- Series of webinars designed for TNT (Teach Negotiate Tell) for any interested CU participants
- We’ll explain the projects ahead
- We’ll provide data that will help with the design specifications for where we’re going
- After the March Task Force event:
- Make go/no-go decisions: move forward dramatically or stay the path of evolution
- Complete design specifications for what’s next
- Engage developers and implementers for pilot projects
If you’re looking for a concrete projects with completion dates, we might not be ready with that until 2020. In the meantime we’re moving forward with the confidence that we’ll make timely, contingent decisions when needed.
Complete Your Online ’19 Workbook
Don’t forget, completing your Online ’19 workbook and returning it to CU*Answers is a prerequisite for participating in the Online & Mobile Tools Task Force meeting, which will be held in March of 2019. Completed workbooks are due by Friday, February 15.
If you have questions about the workbook, drop in for our open-format Q & A session! David Damstra, VP of Marketing Services at CU*Answers will be on hand with additional staff members to help field questions about the workbook. This webinar will be an informal presentation, so bring any questions you might have regarding the Designing the Future for Online & Mobile Tools workbook.
Join the Boot Camp Task Force
Join this Boot Camp Task Force and help us design new approaches for serving authenticated members, new ways of orchestrating the dance between the marketing value of a website and the actions of an online banking toolset, and new strategies for small-audience mobile apps.
- Date: Tuesday & Wednesday, March 26 & 27, 2019
- Where: CU*Answers, 6000 28th Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Register: Invitations with registration info will be sent during January 2019
This Boot Camp Task Force will merge the tactical players at credit unions into a unit to solve today’s questions surrounding websites, online banking, mobile channels, and more. In addition to recruiting your subject-matter experts, we’re looking for credit unions who are willing to engage the Asterisk Intelligence team, enroll in It’s Me 247 Optics, and utilize storage in the data warehouse.
- A deeper dive on the topics and ideas from the CEO Boot Camp event
- For project managers and people who are capable of rallying their CU to activate new solutions
- Hoping to get 25 CU teams to join the task force
Day 1 (Wednesday)
- 3-5pm Defining the Task Force
- 5-6pm Networking cocktail hour
Day 2 (Thursday)
- 9-4pm Envisioning and Building Online and Mobile Tools for Our Future