CU*Answers announced its Developer’s Help Desk (DHD) has recently added its newest video to the DHD website for building custom software with CU*Answers.
Scott Page, business manager for the Developer’s Help Desk, said the DHD offers a creative new way for clients to design, build and manage custom development software solutions with CU*Answers. An important tool for helping introduce clients to the DHD initiative is a video series helping describe many of the unique services, techniques and considerations when considering a project initiative.
Page said this newest video is targeted to clients considering a custom project initiative, and various issues the DHD team has seen as clients initiate a custom process. This video focuses on three primary considerations:
- Clients engaging the DHD too late during their decision process
- Signing with a 3rd party prior to discussing with CU*Answers
- Unrealistic expectations as to what a 3rd party integration process may entail
- Will it still meet your intended goals?
- Understanding what member data is being requested by your 3rd party
- Don’t assume the vendor is requesting only the data you believe is necessary… you may be very surprised!
- Performing 3rd party due diligence, a critical component
- Having a vendor exit strategy in case things don’t work out
- Project cost and timing considerations
- Designing and building a custom project – what does it really mean?
- Pricing considerations, development layers, project roll-out timing