In this time of change, some workplaces are shifting toward options that allow employees to work remotely. We would like to take a moment to remind clients of some important best practices and security measures:
- Increase your diligence and exercise caution when responding to emails and phone requests.
- Think carefully before you click on a link (does it look suspicious?)
- Be wary of emails that include COVID or Coronavirus as their subject line or subject matter.
- Your credit union may experience an uptick in phishing attacks from outside parties.
- If you are unsure if an email is legitimate, contact your support team or help desk.
- If in doubt, throw it out!
Encourage your team to not let their guard down – continue to remind staff of these security measures during the coming weeks (whether they are working remotely or in the office)!