For the past few weeks, we’ve been reminding you about the scheduled rollover for the CU*Answers online and mobile banking applications. For a 24-hour period, we will be running live production of the It’s Me 247 environment from servers at our secondary data center.
Teams have been testing applications internally in preparation for this event. The ultimate test will begin at 6:00 AM ET on Wednesday, July 17 when we redirect all activity for online and mobile banking, including your staff at the credit union and your members on the Internet. Our goal is to ensure our ability to provide the products and services you count on us for, even when we’re experiencing disruptive events.
To achieve the full benefit from this exercise, we’re asking all credit unions to test access to the features your members use in online and mobile banking, including access to electronic documents such as check images, and to communicate any issues that are reported to the Client Services Team at CU*Answers.
While we do not anticipate any significant issues during this rollover, below are some helpful questions to ask when gathering information to report any issues you may encounter:
- Which web browser were they using when accessing It’s Me 247, including the version?
- What operating system were they using, including the version?
- Were members using desktop banking, mobile app or mobile web? If they were using mobile banking or mobile web, which version? (This can be located under ‘Settings and Info’ for mobile app.)
- What type of device did the member use?
- What time of day did the member experience the issue?
- If members encountered an error message, what did the message say? Did they take a screenshot of the error message?
The rollover event is scheduled to conclude at 6:00 AM ET on Thursday, July 18, when we redirect activity back to the primary data center. During the rollover and rollback periods (6:00 AM ET on both Wednesday and Thursday), we expect a brief interruption to online and mobile banking services as Internet traffic is redirected. This interruption may last as long as 30 minutes for some members.
As with each CU*Answers rollover and recovery event, a report will be published detailing the exercise and effort for your review. Thank you in advance for your participation as we continue to build resilience into our network.