General Policy - Director Handbook
Inside the Director Handbook:
The Goals for Our Board
Nothing says more about the health of a cooperative than the confidence that the cooperative stakeholders have in the role of the Board, and how the Board works on their behalf. Our Board wants you to know that we set high goals to earn your faith and maintain your confidence in the health of CU*Answers as a cooperative.
We have five goals that we want all of our stakeholders and potential nominees to understand:
- Goal 1: The Board is an asset, creates a return, is a product that can be marketed
- Why is the Board important? Why is it a real asset and "product" that the business can count on?
How is the Board's design and execution a win for the business?
- Goal 2: Board membership is a win-win
- Why is the Board important and valuable to the acting Board member's interest?
How is this a win-win design and how can Board member execution benefit the Board member?
- Goal 3: The Board guards the customer-owner perspective
- Why is the Board important to the customer-owners of the cooperative?
How does the Board's design and execution create value for the owners?
- Goal 4: The Board helps staff to flourish
- Why is the Board important to the staff and professional team members?
How does the Board's design and execution create a win for the staff's careers?
- Goal 5: The Board influences the CU market for the good of all CUs
- Why is the Board important to the marketplace at large?
How does the Board's design and execution create a positive influence on the industry, community, or general public?
If you would like to be part of our Board and help with the elevator speech related to each of these goals, take a hard look at the rest of this document and consider putting your name forward as a nominee for our upcoming election. Don't hesitate to challenge us on our commitment to these goals. We work for you.
The CU*Answers Board of Directors